1-877-895-0506 Email Us Tell-A-Friend

Ask Felicia – Question and Answer

I will be attending Kaplan University Online starting July 1st. My tuition is paid for and everything is all set. My problem is that I need to get some sort of loan to cover my rent, utilities, etc. I’ve been searching the internet and really haven’t learned that much. I basically need a separate loan to make sure I don’t end up homeless. I need to money before July 1st. Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Glenn Smith
Dear Glenn,
Obtaining a loan should start with completing the FAFSA form. Assuming you’ve done that, by now your college should have already sent you a financial aid award that let’s you know how much in federal student loans you are eligible to receive from the federal government. You ALWAYS want to go with federal loans before considering private loans.

You can get a loan from both public and private companies. You may want to visit http://www.plan-save-pay-for-college.com/state-programs.html to find out about loans that are available from the state higher education authorities throughout the US. In addition, many of the major banking institutions offer student loans. You can check out the websites of: Citicorp, PNC Bank, Sallie Mae among others as you shop for the best loan for your finances.

If you are not planning on working while you are in school, you may find that you will need to get a co-signer to qualify for a student loan. Many people are finding it much harder (if not impossible) to secure a loan without a job, great credit and/or a co-signer.

If you are looking for information about the types of federal loans that are available, please visit: http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/studentloans.jsp

Dedicated to college success,

Felicia Gopaul
College Funding Resource

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge