In this edition of the series of podcasts for Top 100 Careers, Felicia Gopaul interviews Patricia “Paty” Shives as she sheds light to the role of recruiting. Find out how this became one of the top 100 careers of the next decade and appreciate the real skill it takes to be a recruiter.
Paty is the founder and President of The Resultants, Inc. which offers recruiting and HR support to companies in the Bay Area. When she first worked for a consulting firm in Silicon Valley, she started utilizing her Business degree and International Business degree to gain experience in various areas of Sales, Marketing, PR responsibility, HR including a variety of recruiting endeavors.
Listen as Paty lets us in on her road map to becoming a highly successful recruiter.
Discover more about:
– The critical roles of recruiting and the basic skill sets needed
– The different types of recruiters who fill different types of roles throughout the hiring process
– Recommended avenues where students who would consider a career in recruiting should focus
– The challenges and awards of being a recruiter
– Why Recruiting is in the Top 100 Careers for the decade
Don’t miss this exciting interview as experts Felicia and Patty shape your perception on the significant role of recruiting and the rise of demand for successful recruiters. Paty shared a number of resources for students that are looking to learn more about the industry below. She also recommends parents or students to check out The Adler Group. They offer recruiting boot camps for folks looking to get training in the recruiting industry.
Other Online Resources:
- LinkedIn – Search on Recruiting Groups
- Bill Radin’s Winning Strategies for Recruiters
- RecruitersCafe Networking Community
- Recruiting Blogs
- Recruiters Network
- NPA, The Worldwide Recruiting Network
- Scott Love – Great Recruiter Training
- Recruiter Training by Barb Bruno
- “Take this job & Sell It” by Richard Mackie
- “The Recruiters Almanac” by Bill Radin
- “Building the Talent edge: A Manger’s Guide to Recruiting the Best”
- “The War for Talent” by Ed Michaels
- “The Little Red Book of Sales” by Jefferey Gitomer
- “Smart Staffing” by Wayne Outlaw
- “The Headhunters Edge” by Jeffrey E. Christian
- “Building Tomorrow’s Talent: A Practitioner’s Guide to Talent Management and Succession Planning” by Doris Sims and Matthew Gay
To learn more about College Funding Resource, watch a FREE introductory video. You can also get a free copy of Felicia Gopaul’s “5 Strategies that Parents Need to Start using today to Cut their College Costs Tomorrow” by subscribing to the newsletter now!
CFR Podcast Editing Service:
Need help in Podcast Editing? Interested in producing your own podcast but don’t have the time to do it yourself? The College Funding Resource team of podcast editors is available to you. Whether you want someone to save you some time by editing your show, writing your show notes or you just need a little help along the way, I’d love to work with you. Outsource your podcast editing now. For more details on our Audio Podcast editing services, click here. Contact me about our consulting/coaching options.
Meet our New Sponsor:
We are proud to introduce our sponsor – CandidCareers.com. On CandidCareers.com you can watch 1000s of career video interviews with real practitioners giving their take on their career. Visit CandidCareers.com to get a subscription. Watch a Recruiter Video below:
Subscribe To The Career 100 Podcast: