Veterinary technicians provide general assistance to veterinarians at clinic, hospitals, shelters or zoos. They observe the animals for illness, prepare them for exams or collect specimens, treat injuries, and administer shots and medicine. In other words, they are the nurses to animals.
In today’s edition of Top Career 100 interview series, we are graced by a veterinary technician guest—Shannon Bernaden. Shannon is a passionate animal lover who is committed to help animals. Her interests in animals led her to pursue a career in veterinary technician.
Together with Felicia Gopaul, founder and president of the College Funding Resources, let’s listen to this episode as they discuss important things about the career of a veterinary technician, including:
- What are the typical tasks that veterinary technicians typically do in diagnosing various illnesses and injuries of animals
- Important qualities of a technician need to perform his/her job
- Training/education required in taking this career path
- What are the key responsibilities of a veterinary technician
- Her advice to young students who are interested in becoming a veterinary technologist or technician
iTunes Ratings & Reviews: Please go to my iTunes Listing to rate and review the Career 100 Podcast channel. To know more about our past episodes on Top Career 100 and College Expert Talk, you can listen to them for free by clicking the links.
To know more about our past episodes on Top Career 100 and College Expert Talk, you can listen to them for free by clicking the links. Contact us about our consulting/coaching options. Our Podcast Sponsor We are proud to introduce our sponsor – CandidCareers.com. On CandidCareers.com you can watch 1000s of career video interviews with real practitioners giving their take on their career. Visit CandidCareers.com to get a subscription.