In investigations and litigation, issues involving money very often arise under suspicious circumstances. Forensic accounting is a specialized area where data are collected, prepared, analyzed and reported to be used as evidence. Forensic accountants need not only knowledge in accounting, but knowledge in law to assist law enforcement, insurance companies, banks or government agencies.
Lori Horton is a seasoned CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) with over 29 years of accounting experience. Her work includes accounting investigations and complex litigation.
Let’s join Felicia Gopaul, president and founder of the College Funding Resource, LLC as she interviews our guest for today’s edition of the Top Career 100 interview series while they talk about different aspects in the field of forensic accountant, including:
- What made her decide to become an accountant
- What are the key points that the public should know about the works of an investigative accountant
- Why it’s so important for companies to comply with the tax laws
- What are the most challenging parts of her job
- What are the common issues that she usually handles on a day-to-day basis
- What are the qualities or minimum qualification to become a successful accountant in this field
To know more about Lori and her profession you can visit L.Horton & Associates
iTunes Ratings & Reviews: Please go to my iTunes Listing to rate and review the Career 100 Podcast channel. To know more about our past episodes on Top Career 100 and College Expert Talk, you can listen to them for free by clicking the links.
To know more about our past episodes on Top Career 100 and College Expert Talk, you can listen to them for free by clicking the links. Contact us about our consulting/coaching options. Our Podcast Sponsor We are proud to introduce our sponsor – CandidCareers.com. On CandidCareers.com you can watch 1000s of career video interviews with real practitioners giving their take on their career. Visit CandidCareers.com to get a subscription.