Music, literature, arts, and inventions are products of the creators’ mental labor. These producers own property rights to their creations just like any other tangible possessions. Intellectual property laws provide legal protections for such creativity against any unauthorized use.
Our guest for this week’s edition of the top Career 100 Podcast is intellectual property attorney, Renée L. Duff.
As an attorney with nearly twenty-five years of diverse experience in intellectual property, Renée is a tremendous resource for both commercial and legal IP issues. Her private practice caters to those creative and entrepreneurial clients with IP assets.
Today, let’s join Felicia Gopaul, founder and president of the College Funding Resource, as she interviews our intellectual property attorney Renée L. Duff as they explore interesting topics about our guest’s career, including:
- What led Renée to pursue a career in law, particularly in intellectual property
- Why every business, no matter how big or small, should be familiar with intellectual property laws
- How her work differs from that of other areas of legal services
- How copyright works and how it affects businesses and entities
- In what way the three main types of intellectual property i.e. copyright, trademark, and patent, differ from one another.
Renée has spoken extensively on the benefits of and strategies for intellectual property protections for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Her large client base has benefited from her unique insights and expertise.
To know more about her, you can visit her website Renée L. Duff, P.C.
iTunes Ratings & Reviews: Please go to my iTunes Listing to rate and review the Career 100 Podcast channel. To know more about our past episodes on Top Career 100 and College Expert Talk, you can listen to them for free by clicking the links.
Our Podcast Sponsor We are proud to introduce our sponsor – CandidCareers.com. On CandidCareers.com you can watch 1000s of career video interviews with real practitioners giving their take on their career. Visit CandidCareers.com to get a subscription.