From popular reality shows on TV to fancy billboards along busy streets, the fashion industry is surely blooming today. With thousands of brands in clothing lines and fashion products, the need for creative and talented fashion designers seems to be on a steady climb.
On today’s Career 100 Podcast interview series, we will be joining Felicia Gopaul, the president and founder of the College Funding Resource, as she interviews a very special guest—fashion designer, Helen Castillo—who was just recently featured on Project Runway Season 12 on Lifetime TV USA.
Helen earned her Bachelor’s Degree at The Fashion Institute of Technology. She has developed a passion for couture design from interning for Vivienne Westwood in London and for Vera Wang in New York.
In this edition of Career 100 Podcast, Felicia and Helen will be discussing the important aspects about the career as a fashion designer, including:
- What were the inspirations that motivated her to pursue a career in fashion designing
- The different struggles that she encountered along the way
- The lessons she learned in her journey
- Why building a network is very important to a successful career in fashion designing
- What are the tips she can give to young kids who are considering a career in the fashion industry
To know more about Castillo and her works, you can visit her website at www.MUUSE.com
iTunes Ratings & Reviews:
Please go to my iTunes Listing to rate and review the Career 100 Podcast channel.
Our Podcast Sponsor
We are proud to introduce our sponsor – CandidCareers.com. On CandidCareers.com you can watch 1000s of career video interviews with real practitioners giving their take on their career. Visit CandidCareers.com to get a subscription.