Hotel managers oversee the operation of an entire hotel, including human resources, marketing, accounting, sales, purchases, and guest services. It is very important for hotel owners to have a trusted and responsible hotel manager to ensure that every guest is satisfied with their service enough to return for another trip.
He has been awarded San Diego’s Hotel Person of the Year as well as an Omni Hotels and Resorts Peoples Choice Award recipient.
Brian has had a successful career in hospitality. He climbed to the current senior management position from working as a ordinary hotel employee.
Also, by listening to this edition of the Career 100 Podcast interview series, you will learn:
- How Brian started his journey in the hotel industry
- How he rose in the ranks and found his way up to his current position as a hotel manager
- What are the things that most hotel managers usually manage on a daily basis
- Is it really important to earn a specific degree in college or university to become a hotel manager?
- How he develops his staff’s working habits and ensure that they are continuously motivated
If you want to know more about Hughes’ profession, you may visit the website of Omni Hotels.
iTunes Ratings & Reviews:
Please go to my iTunes Listing to rate and review the Career 100 Podcast channel.
Our Podcast Sponsor
We are proud to introduce our sponsor – CandidCareers.com. On CandidCareers.com you can watch 1000s of career video interviews with real practitioners giving their take on their career. Visit CandidCareers.com to get a subscription.